Crystalsong Forest

crystalsong-forest

Mission: do an original, not a remix, not a cover.
specifics: Waltz, Accordion, Philicorda, Bells.

The clapping sound in the background is hands on naked thighs… Imagine a large condenser mic over a pair of legs with the trousers dropped on the ankles, on second thought: don’t. Sorry for that info, it sounded just way better with my pants off. :)

Crystalsong Forest – 2:34

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in audio, schnauzers
11 comments on “Crystalsong Forest
  1. Angeblich says:

very nice. had the “amelie”-feeling to it first, but evolved fast into something original. just not sure about the clapping, to be honest. you sound kinda skinny… would love me some deep sounding big fat thighs, i think.

2. Schnauzer says:

…Amelie.. interesting, since I never ever thought about that. I know that soundtrack, so it must be in the back of my mind somewhere. Now I am praying that nobody will turn up and send me an mp3 with the exact same song from that particular soundtrack. You’ll never know, stranger things have happened.
    My wife wouldn’t allow me to hire bigger thighs :)

3. gurdonark says:

A delightful short piece. I’m glad I clicked on your tweet to hear it here on your page. It’s got a delicate bit of fun about it that works for me.

4. Angeblich says:

well, i don’t know that much waltz-accordion-mixes. so my anticipation of amelie could be a result of my thin horizon… ;-)

5. PseudoKnight says:

No, there are some parts in this that are very reminiscent of motifs in particular songs in Amelie. (like 0:53) It’s not just you. There’s even other parts that remind me of various other songs. This is the musical equivalent of me trying to do a foreign accent, except this is good.

6. Schnauzer says:

@gurdonark Thanx
    @psuedoknight How are your foreign accents? ;)
    I know what you mean. You think this is a ‘Pastiche’
    A pastiche is where you take a certain album, or particular style and make a new piece fitting exactly on that album or in that style. I feel a blog-posting coming on!

7. PseudoKnight says:

Notice the “except this is good” part that I added at the end. ;)

What I meant was that people who aren’t good at accents, tend to fluctuate between nationalities. But not only is this song quality, but it doesn’t matter how much it fluctuates between styles. In fact, it gives it charm and uniqueness. Which is to say, I love it to death.

8. nice one, very tradional :-)

9. Stinkfoot says:

and it DOES sound better with your pants down.
    Love it!

10. Schnauzer says:

@marco thanks
    @stinkfoot remember: almost everything is better with your pants down!

11. Frank Montis says: